In my roles, I am often asked what I would look for in a good organisation, and there are some fundamental aspects which I think can give you an...
Five Tips To Help Nurses Feel Empowered
For Nurses • 6 Nov 2022
Five Tips to Help Nurses Feel Empowered
It's no secret that nurses have had a tough year. From the Covid-19 pandemic to Brexit, there's been a lot for them to deal with. With winter fast approaching, it's more important than ever that nurses feel empowered. Here are five tips to help them through the next few months:
1) Keep communicating with your team - Good communication is essential in any workplace, but it's especially important in nursing. Make sure you're keeping your colleagues up-to-date with what's going on and vice versa. This will help you all feel more connected and supported.
2) Take advantage of training opportunities - There are plenty of training opportunities available for nurses, so make sure you take advantage of them. This will not only improve your skills but also give you a confidence boost.
3) Be proactive about your career development - Don't wait for someone else to tell you what your next steps should be. Take the initiative and be proactive about your career development. Research different roles and talk to your managers about what they think would be a good fit for you.
4) Seek out support when you need it - Nursing can be a demanding job, so it's important to seek out support when you need it. Talk to your friends and family about how you're feeling and consider talking to a professional if you're struggling to cope.
5) Remember why you became a nurse - When things get tough, it can be helpful to remember why you became a nurse in the first place. What was it that drew you to this profession? Reminding yourself of your motivation can help you get through even the most challenging days.
These are just a few tips to help nurses feel empowered. By communicating with their colleagues, taking advantage of training opportunities, being proactive about their careers, and seeking out support when needed, nurses can make it through anything that comes their way. And at the end of the day, remembering why they chose this profession in the first place can help them stay focused on their goals and provide quality care for their patients.